THE 20 MUST-ANSWER QUESTIONS FOR YOUR JOURNEY TOWARD INVESTING PEACE OF MIND
Remember, you must be 100% confident that you know the answer in order for it to qualify as a “yes” answer.
- Have you discovered your True Purpose for Money, that which is more important than money itself?
- Are you invested in the Market?
- Do you know how markets work?
- Have you defined your Investment Philosophy?
- Have you identified your personal risk tolerance?
- Do you know how to measure diversification in your portfolio?
- Do you consistently and predictably achieve market returns?
- Have you measured the total amount of commissions and costs in your portfolio?
- Do you know where you fall on the Markowitz Efficient Frontier?
- When it comes to building your investment portfolio, do you know exactly what you are doing and why?
- Are you working with a financial coach versus a financial planner?
- Do you have a customized lifelong game plan to guide all of your investing and spending decisions?
- Do you have an Investment Policy Statement?
- Have you devised a clear-cut method for measuring the success or failure of your portfolio?
- Do you fully understand the implications and applications of diversification in your portfolio?
- Do you have a system to measure portfolio volatility?
- Are you aware of the costs associated with purchasing commission-based products?
- Do you know the three warning signs that you may be speculating with your money versus prudently investing it?
- Can you identify the cultural messages and personal mind-sets about money that destroy your investing peace of mind?
- Are you ready to shift your personal experience of money and investing from a scarcity mode to an abundance mode – where you can live your life rather than obsess about your assets?
When you have achieved the ability to answer “yes” to all of these questions, you will be on your way to a high level of investing peace of mind.
All investing involves risks and costs. No investment strategy (including asset allocation and diversification strategies) can ensure peace of mind, guarantee profit, or protect against loss.