We do what’s right for you.
Lots of people say they’re acting in your best interests – but how can you be sure? We pride ourselves on always acting in the client’s best interest and putting the pursuit of your financial goals first. We approach every client relationship as a fiduciary- someone who is managing the assets of another person and stands in a special relationship of trust, confidence, and /or legal responsibility. And the recommendations and decisions we make every day reflect that. We are here to help you make the most of your money, so you can reach your goals.
What does this mean to you?
Our obligations as a Fiduciary
- Put the interest of the clients first.
- To act in utmost good faith.
- To provide full and fair disclosure.
- Not to mislead clients.
- To disclose all conflicts of interest in a full and fair manner.
Our principles and approach stand in sharp contrast to many in the financial services industry who prefer to play a rigged Wall Street game — often putting their own interests ahead of their clients’.
We believe, “putting our clients first” is not a catchy tagline. It’s how we operate. It’s our reason for being. It’s what we do.
We believe in delivering unbiased, transparent, evidence-based advice.
We believe every investor is unique — requiring custom, comprehensive wealth management solutions.
Our Commitment to You
To every client we express the following convictions:
- The only sustainable basis for a successful advisor/client relationship is perfect mutual trust. I propose to earn your trust by telling you the pure, undiluted truth-as I am given the light to see the truth—all the time.
- The only basis for an investment portfolio is a plan. It can be as simple as a retirement income plan that we write out and agree upon, or as ambitious as a comprehensive financial and estate plan. We can only relate to each other successfully through a plan. A portfolio in never and end in itself; it is a means to an end or it is nothing.
- In the long run — and that is the only rational way to invest — the only definition of money is purchasing power. Currency is not money; it is just currency, and it loses some of its purchasing power every day because of inflation. Even if you perfectly preserve your principle, when the cost of living doubles, as it surely will, you will have lost half of your money.
- We believe that financial markets are efficient and will teach this concept as the basis of management of your investment portfolios. As such, we will refrain from recommending any strategies that involve any variations of stock picking, market timing or reliance on past performance of an investment.
- We believe equities superior long-term returns are a function of and indeed they are directly caused by their greater volatility. But, volatility is not the same thing as risk, because all of the historical declines have been temporary, while the advance of equity values has been permanent. Volatility has always been a temporary interruption to a permanent advance. Thus, the dominant factor in long-term, real life financial outcomes is not investment performance; it is investment behavior. And, our primary value to my clients is as a behavioral coach.
- We believe that uncertainty—in the markets and indeed in the world—is the only certainty. We don’t seem to move form periods of uncertainty to certainty; rather we move from one uncertainty to the next. Thus, we council what we refer to as rationality under uncertainty, which just means that we believe that history is our best guide to the long-term future. Harry Truman once said, “The only thing new in the world is the history you don’t know.” The great Sir John Templeton reminds us that the four most dangerous works in investing are, “This time it’s different.”
- In addition to our regular one-on-one meetings, we will provide regular education seminars and workshops to help keep you informed regarding topics related to your financial well-being.
- We will care for you and your family’s financial future as we do our own, because we realize that your goals and dreams are every bit as important to you as ours are to us.
- We vow to take the time necessary to listen and provide the professional guidance needed to help you maintain the course toward the attainment of your goals – especially in the most difficult of economic times.
- We know and recognize that we do not know it all. In the event that we are not able to adequately advise you due to a lack of expertise in a given area (i.e. legal issues, taxation, etc.) we will immediately inform you and refer you, if you desire, to other competent professionals in the appropriate area.
- We plan to give you our opinion about what you should do even when you may not want to hear it, and will recommend that you do nothing when we believe doing nothing is in your best interest.
- We will make ourselves available for regular ongoing meetings to help you keep your plan on track and will be readily accessible for any phone consultations that you require. We would much rather have you call us to tell us what you are thinking about doing rather than having you call to tell us what you have already done.
- We believe that doing what’s best and doing what’s right should be one and the same.